So we've taken the girls and Sam to the dog park 4 days straight this week. They absolutely love it there, and I love seeing them play with other dogs. We've had our share of good and bad experiences this week for sure. There are a couple of people I'd just like to slap the shit out of. We've met some really cool people out there with great dogs. Just like everything else though, there are a few people that can ruin the whole positive, fun experience for everyone.
Today was one of those less enjoyable days on some levels, but great on others. A customer of ours at work that has two of the most awesome boxers in the whole world was there today, and her girls played with Faith and Marilyn. When I meet people who love their dogs as much as I love mine, it makes my whole day. I love people who actually play with their dogs, and don't just sit on a bench and watch them. That's one of the best parts of the dog park is getting to interact with your dogs as well as other people's dogs. There are always people that I just want to be like "what are you even doing here?" Whether its because they're totally disconnected from their dog, or not paying attention to their dog's behavior, or freaking out over some completely harmless thing that someone else's dog has done.
I'm really not trying to bitch about the bad stuff that happens. It's just one of those things where people just are completely oblivious about how their actions (or inactions) affect the rest of the people around them. Such is life though. I guess I just expect more from most "dog" people. It's ok though, because every time I see these kinds of things, it makes me a million times more proud of my dogs and myself and wes for how we take care of them. Our dogs behave because we treat them right, and because we are 100% involved in everything they do. They are our responsibility that we have taken on, and we owe it to them to do the best we can to keep them happy and balanced :)
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment